The machine-ID is a 5-part number identifier that is unique for every computer. This ID is generated by SimaPro and is needed for activating your SimaPro license. You can retrieve your machine-ID from SimaPro, as follows:
For SimaPro 8.2.3 and later:
- From SimaPro, go to Help and click Register SimaPro
- Click I accept these conditions
- The registration window will appear showing your machine-ID.
For older versions:
1. Locate the activation file SimaPro.AII.
- For Windows XP, 2003 and 2003R2 Server, you can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimaPro\
- For Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2008 and Windows 2008R2 Server, you can find it at C:\ProgramData*\SimaPro or C:\ProgramData*\SimaProLicense
Note ! This may be a hidden folder. To make it visible, please adjust your general Windows folder settings via the Control Panel.
2. Double-click the file SimaPro.AII and select the program Notepad to open it with.
3. You will be presented with window containing the machine-ID (also called the hardware-ID). See example below.