Note: Only available for Expert users.
Library switch is a feature which makes it easy to change from one data library to another in SimaPro Flow. For example, you can use the library switch to update links in your Flow project from ecoinvent 3.5 Cut-off to ecoinvent 3.4 Cut-off or ecoinvent 3.6 Cut-off. If you want to go from 3.4 to 3.6 you need to switch from 3.4 to 3.5 first, then from 3.5 to 3.6.
To switch libraries follow these steps:
- Go to the relevant project or create a new one, in which you want to change libraries.
- Go to the Library tab under Project details.
- Click Switch library for the library you would like to change from.
- Choose the library you would like to change to. Then a list of processes will appear, in this list you need to select the relevant processes for your project. There are three types of matches:
- Direct matches is shown if there is a process which is directly related to the old process. The new related process will automatically be chosen. It is still possible to change the process to which it will be switch. To do this:
- Opening the drop-down list next to the relevant process.
- Click Select other process.
- Then, filter for the process you want to switch to, and click Select.
- Close matches are processes with several matches or matches which has been chosen earlier and is 'remembered' for this process. It is advised to look through these choices and select the most relevant process.
- No matches means that you need to choose the new process. These choices will be remembered if you have to switch this exact process another time.
- After choosing the processes, click Continue.
- A summary of the matches will be shown, and click Confirm switch to continue.
The Library Switch is now complete.
Note ! Only libraries with the same product library can be switched. With ecoinvent that is not a problem, however when using company libraries this might be relevant. Contact support if you have more questions about this.